Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to Reality

The last few days have been crazy busy!  I made it back to my house at 10:30pm on Wednesday night.  I forced myself to stay awake the entire flight home in the hopes that I could sleep through the night and re-adjust to eastern time quickly.  Unfortunately that plan didn't work out so well as I was wide awake at 4:30am Thursday!  Today was the first morning that I slept past 6am so I think I am finally readjusted.  

Between catching up with work and life I've been running around like a crazy person but that doesn't mean I haven't had a chance to reflect on the past two weeks.  Words cannot describe how blessed I feel to have had the opportunity to represent USA Hockey and the International Ice Hockey Federation again.  The memories and friendships from these tournaments is something I will always treasure.  When I started this journey into officiating, I never thought any of this was possible.  It has taken a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck on my part but I also would never be here without the help and support of others.  Thanks goes out to USA Hockey for having the faith in me to represent them.  I also have to thank all of the instructors at camps over the years for pushing me to constantly get better.  Lastly, I need to thank my family and friends for putting up with me always saying "I can't, I have hockey" during the winter months. 

Now that it is officially the offseason I'll put the whistles away for awhile and take some time to recharge the batteries.  However, that doesn't mean the training stops.  I have a few items the supervisors told me to work on so I'm working on coming up with a plan on how to turn those weaknesses into strengths.  I'm hopeful to get another opportunity to do this again next year but that is the crazy thing about this international officiating stuff - you never know when the ride is going to be over until it is over.  That is why you have to make the most out of every opportunity you get.  Hopefully you have enjoyed this version of my blog and my fingers are crossed I'll get the chance to put more entries in next year!  Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment