Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Back to Work

This morning I woke up to an awful rain/sleet/snow mix.  Isn't it almost April?  I'm so done with winter!  We did our typical breakfast and had a meeting to review a few items from the first two days of games.  A few of us wanted to take a walk to loosen up the legs but the weather didn't allow for it so I used the time to catch up on a little tv.  For those at home, the X1 app from Xfinity is awesome, it allows you to download things from your DVR to your ipad.  

I had lunch with the crew I was working with that afternoon then we headed to our game.  While I can't mention too many detail about the game itself, I can say it was a very important game with the winner automatically moving on to the quarterfinals and the loser most likely ending up in relegation.  I also felt like I worked my best game of the tournament so far which is always a good thing as you want to get stronger as you move forward.

After our game we came back to the hotel and had dinner.  I was able to facetime with my mom at home and get some updates along with exchange a bunch of texts with one of my co-workers to help a project move forward.  Having good wifi at the hotel is huge, it makes keeping in touch so much easier.  Nicole (from Germany) had her car here so since it was pouring rain she offered to drive us to the rink to go watch the last game so we didn't have to take the bus.  I found it ironic that a German drove a Ford while the American drives a German car!  It was funny, I joked with Nicole about driving an American car and she said she thought it was a European brand!  At the rink we watched Sweden play Germany.  In between periods, Katie and I went to the shop to buy a tournament t-shirt. On our way back to our seats we saw a contest where we could win these sweet Sweden bucket hats.  Clearly we had to participate so we got in line with a bunch of kids and teenagers (and a few other adults haha).  You had to shoot 3 pucks on a net with a shooter tutor type thing on it -  if you scored you won!  Fortunately my hockey skills aren't too terrible and I was able to win a hat.  When we returned to our seats all of the other girls were jealous!  After the game we went back to the hotel to go to sleep.  Another day of games tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment