Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random observations

Here are some random observations from my trip:

-Why is the US the only country not on the metric system? It makes things so confusing here. They refer to everything in meters and I have to quick try to convert it into yards and feet. I was talking to one of the supervisors about running and triathlons and I had to guess my average time per kilometer because I only know my average mile time! And when we are driving I look and see the driver going 140 I think in my head "holy crap" but in reality that isn't that fast.

-Same thing goes for temperature. Everyone here uses Celsius but we use Fahrenheit. I'm not as good with those conversions, all I know is 0 is freezing!

-I absolutely love that you can't smoke most places in the USA. The lobby here is constantly smokey. There is a Chinese restaurant down the hall from our rooms and some night we have smelled smoke in our room. So gross!

-The food here is pretty good and I have a new appreciation for soups. I never eat them much at home but I think that I will now try to eat them more often.

-Diet Coke is Coca Cola Light here and in general, diet soda isn't very popular.

-I think I mentioned this one before but I am so jealous of everyone here who can speak multiple languages.

-Nobody here is overweight. Just goes to show how American's portions are too big and in general we eat like crap.

-I don't think the sun exists in this country. It has been overcast or rainy or snowy every day.

That's all for now. Going to take my pregame nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment