Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Hate Packing

It is now 2:00am and I finally finished packing.  It doesn't matter if I'm going to the shore for the weekend or skiing for a week, I always overpack.  This trip was next to impossible to pack for.  Not only am I going to be away for 16 days but I also have to bring stuff like toilet paper and purell.  And what makes me even more nervous is it isn't like a normal trip where if you forget something you just go to Target and buy it; if I forget something I'm pretty much screwed.  Luckily my friends Meg and Leah have been to Harbin so they gave me a pretty comprehensive packing list.  However, I have to admit, I am definitely nervous I am forgetting something important...

The other thing I always do when I fly is push the weight limit for baggage.  Every single time I get to the airport I just pray when I put my bags on the scale that they either a) just make the cut or b) the person working the counter isn't paying close attention to the scale.   I don't own a scale (I would just get depressed if I did) so in order to ensure that I don't get screwed at the airport this time I called my friend Kirstin at 10:00 to see if I could borrow her scale.  Nothing like doing things at the last minute :-)

I finally think I'm ready and can go to bed.  My flight is at 6:00pm tomorrow and I land in Beijing at 5:30am Sunday morning.  I can't believe I leave for China in less than 24 hours!

1 comment:

  1. Buy a damn scale, keep it in the back of your closet, but at least have one for moments like this where the airline industry would love to screw you for $50 for an overweight bag!! :)

    ReplyDelete