Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crazy Dinner and the Next Set of Games!

After I posted last night I immediately fell into a really deep sleep because I was so full from dinner.  We went to this BBQ restaurant, but it wasn't BBQ like you think of in America.  This place (and I have no idea what it was called) was all you can eat and drink for 25 euros.  The different thing about it is you cooked your own food.  You would walk into the back of the restaurant, put a bunch of different veggies, peppers, onions, etc. into a bowl and they would season and grill them for you.  Then you take what looks like a skewer with a cage on it and fill it with uncooked meat that is sitting on ice.  They had all different types of beef, pork and chicken all marinated in something different.  You choose the types of meat you wanted and place them in your skewer with tongs.  You then take the skewer over to a big hot grill that was in the middle of the room and cook your own meat.  The food was absolutely fantastic, I had both pork and chicken that were amazing.  This type of place would never last in the US; I can see people burning themselves on the grill or not cooking their meat long enough and suing.   They also had a dessert bar that had all sorts of mouses, cakes and tiramisu.  It was outstanding.  We all were so full that after we got back to the hotel everyone just went to pass out in bed.

Today games started back up again.  We were able to sleep in and had a brief meeting where we got paid the rest of our money.  I still am in shock regarding the amount of money I am getting for being here.  I would do this for free because the experience itself is so cool, but to get paid for it is just an extra bonus!  This afternoon Czech beat Italy in a pretty good game.  Tonight France plays Denmark.  Both teams are undefeated right now (along with Czech) so it is a really important game.  Because the French team is involved, the arena can't provide goal judges (you can't goal judge for your own country).  That being said, myself and Anu got the call tonight to be goal judges.  I figured typing this blog would help warm my thumb up to push that button when the puck crosses the line, haha!

After the game tonight Frederick, the IIHF director for the tournament, is taking us out for dinner and drinks.  We are off again tomorrow so I imagine tonight may be a late night.  Tomorrow we have plans to do some touristy stuff then games start up again on Saturday.  Off to the rink for the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment