Friday, April 1, 2011

I leave tomorrow...crap!

It has been a crazy week.   Monday night my men's league team had our championship game (we lost but still had a great season), Tuesday and Wednesday I was on the road all day for work and Thursday I went to the Flyers game.  So all of a sudden I'm sitting at my desk at home working today and it hits me...crap I leave in 24 hours!   As usual, I waited until the absolute last minute to get ready.  So after a really busy day with work getting all the loose ends tied up I ran all over the Philadelphia area trying to get everything I need for this trip.  And of course I waited until the end of the day to make a dent in the mountain of dirty laundry I had to wash.  So here I am at 11:15 the night before I leave waiting for my laundry to finish so I can actually pack.  At least this time around I have a scale to weigh my bags!  For those of you that didn't read my China blog, the night before I left for that trip I had to go borrow my friend's scale at 12:30am to make sure my bags weren't overweight.  I am a notorious overpacker but the goal is to try to fit all of my stuff for 2 weeks into my referee bag and a small suitcase.  Probably won't happen but I'll try my best!

My mom is coming to pick me up at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon to head to the airport.  It just so happens that she is on a flight out to Colorado at 5:15 and my flight is at 6:20 so we can car pool.  I still can't believe the tournament is finally here.  I found out about this almost 6 months ago.  Over the course of those 6 months, I've worked really hard to get myself ready, from both a physical and mental perspective.  It is finally time to be rewarded for my hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment