Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Waiting game...

I finally finished packing and cleaning up the house at 2:15.  My parents were picking me up to head to the airport at 2:30 so my timing was perfect.  I was getting to the airport a little earlier than I normally would for a 6:20 flight but that it was ok because I could sit and chat with my mom while she waited for her flight.  She boarded around 4:45 so I headed back to my gate, thinking I would be boarding within an hour.  When I didn't see a plane at the gate I thought it was odd but the flight was still listed as on time at that point so I waited by the gate amongst 50 high schoolers from Kentucky on a school Europe trip.  After watching a group of them form a human pyramid by the gate I decided to go sit on the other side of the gate so I could  relax without loud screaming teenagers surrounding me.  I now understand what an undertaking the Mount Europe trips must have been for the chaperones. 

They kept pushing our departure time back by 30 minutes even though there was no plane.  Tis was really annoying because I felt like I couldn't go too far from the gate and there wasn't a whole lot close by.  Finally, at 9:15 a plane pulled up to the gate and we boarded left at 10:15, 4 hours after we were supposed to leave.  This  little delay definitely made a long travel day even longer!  Hopefully the rest of the officials don't have to wait around the airport for me since I'm going to land a good 3-4 hours late.  I'll update again when I finally get to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment