Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Back at the rink

After a nice day off yesterday games started back up today.  We had a quick meeting at 10:00 this morning to get the rest of our IIHF gear and review a few logistical items.  Afterwards, I went to the hotel gym and rode the bike for about 45 minutes to keep the legs loose.  We then had a quick lunch and it was off the the rink for the day.  To see what I did for the day, click this link: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/365/IHW365000_58_6_0.pdf  Hint - SBL is short for stand by linesman.

Following the games, we headed back to the hotel to eat.  A few of the girls have found they like the cold tubs here at Aquaworld but I am definitely not one of them!  I thought this might be a good entry to talk about who all is here:

Referees
Draha - Czech Republic but lives in Switzerland
Gabby - Sweden
Katie - Boston, MA.  I went to France with her a few years ago!
Meghan - Canada (New Brunswick area)
Maria - Slovakia
Ramona - Germany

Linesman
Bettina - Austria
Jana - Slovakia (and my roommate for the week)
Jenni - Finland
Veronica - Sweden
Kaire - Estonia
Jennifer - Canada (Toronto area)
Anna - Norway
Malene - Denmark

Supervisors
Stacey - Richmond, VA.  You might recognize her name from when I went to China.
Todd - Canada
Simon - Great Britain
Kim - Denmark

As you can see, we have quite the mix of nationalities in the group!  Everyone is really nice and their English is pretty good.  I write this every time and this will be no different - I am so impressed with how everyone else here speaks multiple languages.  I wish I could speak something other than English!  

Tomorrow morning is team picture day now that we all have our gear.  Unfortunately my hair straightener is not working, even with a power converter so I don't think I'm going to have a great hair day!  Quarterfinals and game 1 of relegation start tomorrow as well so we should have 3 great games to look forward to.  Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment